Wednesday, January 16, 2019

2 weeks in

It has been two weeks since I last posted. Now is the time to give a quick update. So I listed down 5 things that I want to achieve this year. Each of those tasks range from long term to short term goals. The idea was to prove to myself that I can set targets and achieve them as well.

I learnt a lot of things( already!), that I had unlearned over a period of time. One of those things was that if everything does go smoothly as you want it to, DON'T WAIT till it happens smoothly. MOVE things around so that it happens. Case in point, I had ordered some raw materials, to move my saplings to a pot, from Pune. Unfortunately, they never arrived. I waited for one weekend, but the last weekend also, it seemed like it would get delayed. Now the saplings, really needed to be moved and so I ventured out in Chiplun. To my surprise, I found the raw materials, good quality and at the same price as in Pune.

Patience is a virtue and sometimes I have shown patience when needed. But , I am also guilty of sitting back on issues which have eventually blown up. This time, I almost did the same mistake. While I was forced to take action and make the move, I realized that ,I have to be proactive. I am sometimes so stringent on my methods and processes, that I forget that the process I set up is to achieve something and ACHIEVING my end goal is more important at almost all the times than following the process. I will always remember to think two steps ahead, but to also plan every day or revise the plans everyday.

There are four more targets for the year, and each of them is at an initial stage and there will definitely be more progress when I move to Pune. Now, I know, may be this sounds like procrastination but at this point in time, I want to take up one little thing at a time. It might make me slower, but I am surer that way.

That is all that I have for now, I will be back soon with another update and hopefully with some exciting news.

Cheers!!

Shady West Side

No comments: