Monday, August 18, 2008

Skilled to cheat and rob

I had read an article in the newspaper about soft skill training being imparted to the Pune police; little did I know that I would be experiencing the difference so soon. I left for the Pune station; the rains were pouring down mercilessly on me and may others. At the rani lakshmi bai chowk i saw a signal in green and having been stuck in the traffic for long enough i had accelerated but unfortunately I couldn’t get through. I stopped just ahead of the signal and noticing that the signal was red I started backtracking. Well I heard a whistle where one of the traffic policemen asked me to stop where I am (as if I could go somewhere??). I did. He came to me and asked for my license and P.U.C which I showed and then demanded me to handover it to him. I asked him the reason but he refused to tell and snatched the key from my bike and asked me to report to the sahib standing at the corner.
Well guess what? I was charged by him for crossing the signal at the red light. I told him that I hadn’t. Had I done it I wouldn’t have been talking to me now. He smiled (remember soft skills!!!) and said that I have ALSO been for waiting at a pedestrian crossing. I explained that I was backtracking it was one of his officers who stopped me. He said he did understand the situation and said
“ Hame order aaya hain ki din main 200 pawti phadne ka” ( with a smile again)
Well I paid him his hundred bucks and he let me go even if the signal was red (Value for money you know). Guess our department has been given targets and stuff like that but Is some one monitoring the way these ppl are working???

1 comment:

the_blueribbon said...

hey i like dis one!! never knew sumthing like dis can olso happen...