Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stay Strong........


I remember when I was small, my dad and mom used to tell me stories about so many heroes who survived against all odds. I never liked those heroes. They couldn't fly, they couldn't beat up 100 people, they never saved the world!!!. My parents heroes were simple poor people who have made a name for themselves, I never understood why it was a big deal?.............

Today things are different, my heroes are different, if I talk about the perseverance of  Chris Gardner, in the same breath I talk about the grit if Oprah. If there is a life which I would want any one to emulate then I talk about Randy Pausch. None of them can fly, they cannot beat up 100 people either, but in a unique way, each of them save the world.
But I am not talking about heroes, but what lesson each of them teach. Mr Chris Gardner, despite being one of the richest persons in the world, he still does whatever he can for the underprivileged, the same can be told about Oprah. While Mr Randy Pausch, has told the world that you can die because of a disease( as severe as  Pancreatic Cancer), or you can live everyday to fight it.
The message they gave was to stay strong 
 Grit and Determination, alone can help you climb the pinnacle of success.

I personally, believe in this and try my best to follow it. I believe that there is an invisible form of energy which exists and acts as a barrier between you and success. This barrier can only be broken by Grit and Determination. I know I am going a little off topic here but I am sure somewhere down the line, these qualities I mentioned, played an important role in my college magazine Sourabh winning the first prize in the Pune University. It had competition from more than 100 colleges all over Pune, so I think it is a good achievement.

I know, for sure, that a strong person always succeeds in life. I am trying to be one, and I hope all of you people will also give it a chance. It is a slow burner, but a sure shot one!!!.


PS: I am sorry I went a little off circuit for a few days because I have joined Accenture and I am just finding my feet there. 

To promote this post at IndiBlogger.in please click here




10 comments:

Shilpa Garg said...

A great dictum to practice and believe in!!

All the very best for your new job!! :)

Jon said...

My personal heroes are Che Guevera, Arsene Wenger...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the qualities that may lead us to the path of success. n btw, best wishes for your new journey.

Seema Syed said...

First of all the very best for your new job at Accenture.

Nice post and good thoughts. Definitely Grit and Determination pays off.

Shady West Side said...

@ shilpa, deependra,seema....thanks for the good wishes, and like i said I am practice those traits and will continue doing so
@jon....i adore the both of them too

Chatterbox said...

Good Luck for your new job :)
It's my first visit to your blog and am inspired by your thought provoking post.

Keep up the wonderful work. Hope to see you around.

Cheers!!

padma said...

i keep coming back to your thoughtful thoughts in your blog every other day.keep it up however busy you are. padma(sumedhas mom)

Shady West Side said...

Thanks a lot aunty...I am honored that u keep visiting my blog.....I hope not to disappoint you

Ex Accenture said...

I'm so sorry to hear you joined Accenture.

Once you realize what kind of place it is (you will know within 6 months), then my advice is to cut your losses and move on. Don't believe the crap people tell you that you have to stay 2 years at a company. If you don't like it, just leave. (asap).

Not a place that will give you time to blog.

Not a place for creative people.

I spent 2 years at Accenture and wish I had known what I know now about the company. It's a boring, robot-place where you will not develope. Sorry for being so negative, I just want to help others from getting into Accenture.

Sadiya Merchant said...

congratulations on d magazine n job...well i suppose ur old enuff dere to even think of quittin now so wont touch dat holding.
chalo nice readin ur posts n wish u more success all d way!
sionara!