Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ray Ban Baba -4

Yes, the story of Ray Ban Baba continues


The zest for life is an unbelievable thing. I had seen those words in literature and on cinema but here was a person, living those words in front of my eyes. He wasn't going to die young, nor was he suffering from any critical illness which would eventually take him away. Age simply caught up.

My eyes were fixed on the door waiting for Baba. He was one person who you just cant have enough of. No wonder it took him a more than an hour to find his way back to his bed. I pulled a chair and sat besides his bed.

"Baba, what is your age?" I asked him
"I get a lot of this" he replied with a smile
"Well, no better way to start a conversation with you"
"You think I am old?, See I never went to school so I lost count but the last time I remember my age I was 18"
"and I guess that was a long time ago?"
"No man, It wasnt that far off, may be a few years ago"
"Could be decades!"
"Yes, I will not rule out that possibility. But lets not talk about numbers now, I need to work out".
He caught me by surprise
"Open my drawer, my dumbbells are in it"
I opened his drawer. It was filled with a lot of medicines.
"I get it you meant the medicines, when you said workout right"
"No, no bugger. Look properly," he said. Rashi stepped in from behind.
"Looking for the dumbbells?" she asked
I nodded, noticing the smile on her face

To read RayBan Baba 1 click here
to  read Ray Ban Baba 2 click here

The third edition is here