Saturday, September 21, 2013

Chain mail et al

I get all kind of emails, some talking about the atrocities of some unknown government in an unknown land, a girl saying that we are compatible (how shaadi.com...how?) and should meet up, other ladies simply flaunting the assets they paid for and well some are downright...ummm stupid? And no! The stupid kinds are not my phone/ credit card / yada yada yada bills ( they are important..well maybe)
The stupid kinds, OK I will find a new word for it before the end of this post, are those which say that be careful before you read. Curiosity kills the cat and I open the email. It contains a picture. And then I regret opening the email. It has the power to change my world for good or worse.
The picture is of some god, saint or god knows what. It is supposed to get me good luck, if I share it with say 10 people. But hey, if you want more luck you can share it with 20 people, 30 people if you want even more luck and guess if I share it with a 10000000 I will be Bill Gates! The world is a good place again.
And I know a lot of us get these emails and we know there is a catch. If you do not send it then the whatever in the picture gets angry (oh you don’t want these things angry do you?) The wheels turn anti clockwise and you end up getting bad luck (cue...Goosebumps!). Some of the emails even give examples of people who pissed them off, trust me; some of the victims get so unlucky that they aren't even unlucky anymore.
So here we stand at a crossroad wondering which road we want to take and then I see a light bulb slowly flickering to life. What if, I start one of these? With a picture of my ahem ahem...and send it around? You never know who might end up getting lucky you know (I hope it’s me!)
But then wouldn't forwarding the email I get just do? Why take all the efforts? That’s it then! let’s just forward these emails and hope you get luckier, richer than the richest and hope these emails don’t reach the already rich and they get richer than what we end up at.
Have a nice weekend guys and gals!

PS: Yes I couldn't find a word for the stupid emails, any suggestions

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A nice post, dealing with a problem which every body has faced. It is really very bugging to get get such mails. I just delete them.

Suzy said...

Like Usha I delete them too.

the little princess said...

I make sure to mark all these mails as spam so that such mails find themselves into my spam folder should they come by again...

sulekkha said...

Chain Mails, I think. Yup, spam folder it is for them, good topic.

Vishal Bheeroo said...

I used to get this letter chain by post at one time and some friendz also sent me. I just delete them.
www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

Shilpa Garg said...

Oh! Get all these silly mails all the time. At one point of time (many years ago), I would religiously select friends who would not get offended when I sent them such 'good luck' mails. (There were many who would make fun or would not take kindly to such mails). But not any more... I straight away delete them!
And there's this another irritating thing on Facebook... Like this picture and help save this child from cancer etc etc...
Ignore or Delete is the only solution!
PS : Pls remove word verification from comments! Thanks :)