Thursday, May 4, 2017

The dying embers of a passion

A long time ago, I used to look forward to what people think about my opinions and thoughts expressed on this blog. I knew I had a voice, but here is where a few people heard it. More importantly, I could pen down the thoughts that I had on my mind. 

As funny as it may sound, but I do not value my opinion as much. It has at times helped me improve because people tend to blow their self images out of the roof, but in the long term I think I have suffered more.


Letting your self image be dependent on the opinions and behavior of others is a very risky proposition. More often than not, anyone driving your self image will always do so for his or her benefit. Once, I acknowledged the fact that after living for more than a couple of decades on this blessed planet, I did not take the effort of creating a self image myself.


And just like that, I realize the reason to why people of my age ask this question to themselves

 "Who Am I?". Heartening as it is to know that there are more of your kind around, not many have answers to this question and continue to find happiness in other avenues. I am no one to judge what is right and what is not, but to me not knowing yourself is criminal.

The introspection told me something I always knew. I am a rebel, a rebel to who I become. I constantly rip my belief system for a new one, I look like I flow with the tide, only to reach somewhere different to where others have reached despite embarking on the same path.

Some might call this eccentric, unpredictable and to some extent it is just that. But this isn't a crime, it is who I am. While I would like to change some aspects of myself, i realize that treasuring what is essentially me is paramount to the entire exercise.

Once the edges are smoothed out, I think this rebel living with me will be ready to go.

Good Luck to him

No comments: