Friday, September 11, 2009

Sourabh 09 is out



Like all of you know how important the college magazine has been to me. I had devoted an entire year to it and guess what after all the trials and tribulations the magazine was finally launched on 09/09/09.

My lucky number is 9 and so when I realized that the magazine is ready, I decided to have a launch on this day.

The preparations for the launch where nothing less than a roller coaster ride. The launch got almost cancelled twice on that day, but I knew there was an invisible force which made sure that it happened.

They say that if there is a desire, then there is always a road ...I learnt this lesson for sure. Now like u can see in the pic, our team was huge and guess if there is a desire in so many people to make it happen, no one can stop it.

The launch ceremony was one hour long and what is the most memorable moment is when there was a thundering applause when the cover of the magazine was unveiled. I can still hear that!!!......I will put up that picture also in a few days......

And what has been more heartening is the response received by us after people read the magazine. Well I knew the feel of the magazine is very vibrant with all the colour themes made, but the acid test for the magazine was the content....and guess what people loved the content...cheers to all our writers.......

With this launch people are already excited about how the magazine would be taken to another level, in fact a lot of people think that the task would be absolutely daunting. but I beg to differ. If someone involved with the magazine would be reading this would know that there were a lot of organizational difficulties throughout our working, and there were quite a few people who havent fulfilled their entire potential...and other than me all the other people are still there and I am sure when they fulfill their full potential they will take it to another level altogether.

All I can say is that this edition has been a special one no doubt, but what I really wish is that one day when Sourabh would attain cult status, people would remember this edition as the stepping stone to it....BTW for the benefit of my readers I have added the cover pic of Sourabh too


No comments: