Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why are we real

Most of my posts are a result of my experience with the world and this post is no different.

This happened around three years ago. I was at E-Square with two friends, Adil and Chandan, playing pool. Well at that time the bug hadn't bitten me so I was watching them play. I must add that both my friends were really good at it.
Just then a couple of school kids asked them to play against them, and the loser pays for the frame. Then E SQUARE would charge for an hour and so the challenge was accepted. I wondered how good the kids would be, because not many people challenge my friends when they see them play.

I got my answer, in three frames, my friends won them with more than considerate ease, the kids couldn't pot a single ball, while they finished them in one go. The competition seemed to be between my two friends and not between my friends and the kids.At that point of time, all we could think of was make fun of the kids, I mean they never knew how to hold the cue-stick and they challenged the so called pros for a game. I wouldn't be surprised If that was their first game ever.

I was forced to ask myself a question.When can I be a kid again?, why do I stop myself and think before I do something? when will I do something because I want to do it, and not let reasoning get the better of me? When would I stop getting scared of defeat and do something what I always wanted to?.

After reading this I want all of you to ask the same question...

where has the fearless child in you gone? 

2 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Wonderful subject! And an excellent picture! I will respond shortly! And please permit me to use this picture in my post!

Shady West Side said...

@ Rakesh
surely...btw I was wondering if there is something wrong in my comments section..coz I guess this comment was for the tag...