Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back to a Beginning

I had always promised that one fine day I will let all of you people know the story behind the name of the blog and how it all started. Its time I keep that promise of mine.

Believe it, this blog is probably one of the oldest blogs around. I posted for the first time on the 18th of December 2007. It has been more than three years and I haven't completed hundred posts. So this has been a slow burner. My posts have been cyclic, by cyclic I mean to say, the frequency of the posts are cyclic. There are times when I would write posts every second day, while I would go without a post for months. This probably explains a lot about me. There are times when I am unable to do things which I always wanted to do, but I have never lost hope. I still live in hope that, one day this blog will be a famous one. I hope that one day my writing would be recognized. I dont know if this will ever happen but sane reasoning is not my cup of tea.
 I am a dreamer


I guess there is another question which quite a few of you might be asking( I don't know how many of you will actually read it). Why now?

Well think about it. Its been two weeks and I haven't come up with any post. The recent posts have not got a response. It is almost like I am starting out all over again. Now that I have answered that question let me tell you how I started blogging:

I was working for EXL service during the winter of 2007. I was doing well there and was also honored with the performer of the month for the month of November. I had lost touch with my writing for years then.

I was driving my way to office when I saw this small girl standing on the pavement. She signaled me to stop. I did not pay attention, but her desperate plead for help did catch my attention. I stopped my bike and turned around. I saw another guy standing in front of her. I sensed danger and I drove back. She rushed to me and held my arm. The other guy drove away.

I asked her what she was doing out there so late in the night. She said she was kidnapped and brought to Pune. She wanted to go back to her hometown in Gujarat. I thought of dropping her at the station, but something told me I shouldn't. I told her that I would be giving her money for the ticket and rickshaw,but she would have to go to the station alone.

Even before I could turn around to take money out of my wallet, she had pulled out a shining knife. I managed to button start my bike and rush out in a matter of seconds. I was safe .

This incident had an affect on me. I was depressed for a while, but then I decided to fight it out by telling people these stories, and hence the blog and the URL.

In hindsight, it was a freaky incident. But you know guys, its direct result was that I started writing all over again. I have improved as a writer ( may be only a little), I have made some wonderful friends through this blog and guess what I think this was one of the best things that happened to me

12 comments:

swastikaryan said...

This blog tells a very important lesson.......one which men ought not to forget for the duration of their lives.....NEVER chase after random girls on a lonely street....they are trouble

Shady West Side said...

@ swastikaryan: lol...I only tried to help her and not chase her...but well that can also be a lesson
Thanks for reading

hamaarethoughts.com said...

Shahid...Man..this is weird..scary..cant trust people.. Troubles everywhere..thanks..its an important piece of information...

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Whoooaaa! Good to note that nothing untoward came of it and equally glad to note that this whole incident made you a blogger! Great, else we'd never have met, I suppose!

Shady West Side said...

@harman: I know...well I guess all of us will have to be careful about our actions

@Rakesh: I know Rak, but all is well that ends well isnt it..I ve got some wondeful friends thanks to this blogging platform!!!

Bikram said...

WHAT THE ____ ... this is scary ... I cant beleive it this happens .. people take advantage of good people like you.. No wonder the trust and faith amongst humans is dieing ...

GLad you are safe .. but i am really mad at these people , the day someone is in serious trouble they will not get help cause of our experiences...

How are you mate.. i hope ok.. and dont worry there are plenty good people too in this world :)

Jon said...

woww.. sent chills down the spine..

Naveen said...

That's crazy man! Shit..i was expecting some romancing and stuff and suddenly a knife! hehe..

Cool article n nice blog all over..gonna read a couple of posts too. And i am sure you are gonna hit back to your best writing form and its gonna continue for ever

A Journey to the Unknown Spaces!

Shady West Side said...

@Bikramjit: I am fine and good...I always feel you are an elderly bro types..would love to have an elder bro like you

@Jon: I know!!!

@nkr4068: Thanks for stopping by bro..and thanks for the wishes!!

Bikram said...

Always here.. Shahid.. Not to worry.. Always ...

Bikram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bikram said...

sorry deleted the previous comment.. I did not read the award post .. i jumped the gun i think he heh ehee :) sorrryy....
Cant see the post button on that article... Thanks for mentioning my name .. Thank you so much

waiting for the contact HA HA HA HA HA HAAH :)