Friday, August 14, 2009

More on Zahir

I thought I was done with Zahir, but then a special conversation happened with a special friend of mine, Aamir Khan. Well I wish he was the real one but he is the hindi editor of Sourabh. We went to check out the Sourabh work, then it was time for the Friday prayer.

We walked our way to the mosque and may be like this walk towards the mosque, it was like a small spiritual journey. We talked about our favorite topic, that of religion.
The topic of religion is always the most talked about topic all over in the world. The reason could be unlimited, and to be honest I really dont know why I love to talk about religions...is it because I know a few things about it? or may be I know a lot of people who do not know anything about it

Well coming back to our conversation, what point Aamir put forward was this.
" What do we mean, when we say that we follow one religion?", thats typical Aamir for you
"You know the religion we follow is according to our convenience. If I can follow a few things, then I follow them other wise I dont, what we do is we dont practice Islam, we practise Shahid.Islam or Aamir.Islam, but not pure Islam"

Very well said Indeed, if we ourselves dont follow our religion in entirity what gives us right to fight for it? I do not say that when one has followed every aspect of the religion he gets a license to fight for it, coz once a person understands any religion completely, he will never fight about anything!( ironically)

Now another thing which is always debated on, is how we decide our religion, wait a minute do we select our religion?, are we given that option? Do we really want to follow what we are following right now?
All of us follow what our parents have told us to, it is impressed upon us. A belief is something one has after a little experience of his own, a little understanding but is that the truth, is that the reality and this brings me to the Hans Question( from Zahir):
Is this how it always was? whatever we have been told, is that the truth?
I think everyone will have to ask yourself the Hans question atleast once in your life, maybe that will help usk now ourselves better

No comments: