Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hope is where there is no hope

I am currently working on a short story which will be complete soon, and I did not want to leave my blog like that, so I thought I would post something which was already written......I am sorry but will be back soon.


"An almost non fancied teams beats a champion in a thrilling game of cricket"
"No one thought this guy would make it big in movies"


There has always been a story of an underdog in whatever we do. The Underdogs are every where, but we dont seem to have enough of them do we?....

Here in this post I try and bisect the drive and reason behind an underdog story.

The most important and a major factor of an underdog is fearlessness/ lack of expectations. Yes, like they always say they have nothing to loose. Expectations always seem to be a burden for a whole lot of us, that is why being a champion is not easy

A champion uses the expectations of people to drive himself forward
 But what about the lesser mortals, its not easy and when this load of expectations is taken off the lesser mortals, an underdog is made!!

But is that the only reason? is taking the load off a person the only reason why an underdog story is created. Well there is another category of Underdog is that of "the fallen one".


The case of the Fallen one is curious ("The curious case of the fallen one.. :-))...because we have often seen big giants fall and fall and fall...but then once they hit rock bottom things start looking up again..it is as if starting up new was the only solution for them. But what happens when they hit rock bottom?... Another quote

I lost hope, I lay on the ground to die....
With my eyes open I looked up and realized
My limit is the sky!!
Yes , when u have fallen you then realized that you never had limits to what , where and when one achieves something. If one has to fall, then it has to be for the good, and only one person can determine how much you benefit from the fall and thats yourself. Most "fallen ones" have used failure as spring board for success and one must know on a springboard the harder you fall the higher you go!!!....

Thats what life is about...irony...lots of irony...one rises to fall and falls to rise.....one lives to die and dies to live........
One searches for hope and finds hope where there is no hope

Before I sign off, I must thank for the immense response I got for my post for Blog-a-ton 6 Who writes our Destiny . I hope to keep writing to entertain you all......






9 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

I'm forever inspired by the underdog, for I am one too, in the quest for excellence, being a rebel and fighting it out all the time!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

nice.. post.. reminds me of slumdog millionaire!!!yes..underdog..when hits the bottom looks up!!! to rise..
Most "fallen ones" have used failure as spring board for success and one must know on a springboard the harder you fall the higher you go!!!....
..very true..in every-word!!

Eswari said...

Nice post shahid..with out 'hope' one can't live

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

These are the common lines which I always remember..

Shady West Side said...

@ Rakesh: I know all about ur story.....


@ Harman:thanx harman...I am glad u liked the post


@Eswari: Eswari...its been such a long time...I am so glad u back to the blogging world....

rahul s said...

hey..
ure post was such an inspiring one.esp for guys like me.
I was n underdog during all my studies.Still I am underdog in my work.I have felt xactly the same each time when I went down n hit rock bottom.The sucess after that brings an immense inexplicable joy.
ure very much right. :-p.

Jon said...

Shahid,

I am waiting for your short story …eagerly. Did you finish the Ray Ban baba series? I just loved it…



As we climb up and up the ladder chances of falling down are very much probable. So as we climb up be realistic to the fact that we will fall…J

Shady West Side said...

The rayban baba series will also be over very soon....& the short story will be up by tomorrow...I am so glad to hear this from you Jon...

Shahid

MADHU RAO | (INDImag.COM) said...

Life is full of ironies and we all root for the underdog -- feels good to see a rookie beat the crap out of the favored one :-)

Waiting for the short story ..

Alisha said...

Extremely well written. An interesting way to put things into perspective.