Monday, January 25, 2010

Jab We Met

After completing my engineering, I went to my hometown, Chiplun. Its a 6 hour journey from Pune, and a flat backside is not the only side effect. I was well received by my cousin brother at around 4 in the morning, I hit the sack the moment I reached home. I have a lot of dreams, and I tend to remember them too But not even in my weirdest of dreams I would have imagined what was in store.

A couple of oldies came to meet me at around 10, but I was still in love with the bed and well that sparked them to start their favorite conversation of what they would have done had they been younger. I will not complain because that kept them busy for a while, But then I only wish I had never woken up. I will not mention their names ( well my relatives might just read my blog!!)...so for our convenience lets call them Chatur Chacha!!



Chatur chacha: Beta what engineering did you do?

Me: Mechanical Engineering

CC: Mechnical( I dint forget the 'a'), ohhh, so you will be repairing machines?....Areee you know that Ali ka Beta, even he is a mechanic. He went to Dubai, and now he has his own garage there.

Me: I am not a mechanic chacha, I am an engineer!

CC: Oh, you repair engines!!!

Me: No, I dont repair anything. I make things (I lead 1-0)

My Bhabi came to my room, with a cup of coffee for the two of us. I help my cup from the hot end, and in a sudden jerk the cup fell off my hand. Chatur Chacha chuckled

CC: You know, today people are padha likha, but they have no brains. I remember when I used to work at the plant, this officers didnot know anything, they used to come to me to ask Chacha what do I do now?...I dont know what this machine does. They take more salary but are absolutely useless

The agony of steamy hot cup of coffee wasn't enough that Chacha had to add to it.

CC: So beta,  I hear you have a job.

Me: ( I didnt know what was hurting me, the burning coffee or ...) Yes Chacha, I got a job at Accenture.

CC: Assenchaarr......what is that?

Me: (grr......) Its a software company!!( I wish I hadn't said that!)

CC: Saaftware...I thought you did mechnical engineering

Me: I got a job there, so I took it

CC: But what do you do there?, you dont know saaftware work

Me: No, but they will teach us the work first, so no problem

CC: Then why did you do mechnical engineering?

Me: I did mechanical engineering to repair Softwares!!!


Footnotes:


 To promote this post on Indivine click here

15 comments:

Magali Vaz said...

I know how some old people can be! I've had similar experiences. Anyway, all the advise I can offer is listen from one ear & throw it out from the other!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

ha haa haaa haaa..this is so very funny... Man ,one nice post!!!! oh Boy!!!

Eswari said...

Shahid I should be thanking your Chatur Chacha, seriously he made me smile-laugh when I needed one......

anyway thanks for sharing this.... nice post

aayanman said...

hilarious....reminded me of one kid i'd met a few years ago.
I asked him dude what do you want to be when you grow up?
The 5 year old proudly said engineer.! I was like wow talk about focus and beginning early in life....so I decided to prod a bit further..so so what type of engineer do you want to be ?...after a short pause he retorted...the one that goes from mumbai to Delhi...rajdhani express...

Rakesh Vanamali said...

ROOOOOOFL..........LMAO........... Awesome take, Fundooo! I love this!

Maybe I shud customize this to answer pple who ask me about my wedding! ;)

Shady West Side said...

@ Magali: I know...experience has taught me the lesson...thnx for visiting..do keep coming to my blog

@Harman: I am glad you enjoyed it

@Eswari: I cant be happier that this post made u smile whn u needed it... I am sure things will be gr8

@GyanBAn: Rajdhani express.....lol..I wish I could say that

@ RAkesh: I wonder how you would customize the answer...

Unknown said...

fun to read..! :)

Rishi said...

Hi Shahid, that's a very funny post. Being a physics graduate/ MBA/ brands/ salesman, I know where these conversations generally tend to go. And by the way, many thanks for stopping by. Glad you like the post :)

Tavish Chadha(sensible-bakwas.com) said...

lol... that was funny... it does happen i know... hasnt happned to me but ive heard of many incidents like these...

cheers!
Tavish
Latest blog post: To the love that once was

Rajlakshmi said...

hahahaha I can imagine how frustrating it is...
I almost pull my hair while explaining what I do as a soft engg... its really frustrating... the chatur chachas and chachis are everywhere

Rajlakshmi said...

oops forgot to mention... nice write up :)

Y said...

LOL!!!

Bikram said...

Nice one .. so what was the end score 2-0 to you.. .. so what kind of SaaftWare r you going to Repair then :)

Gaurav said...

He he...nice one at the end.

Tangerine said...

lol! story of my life! except I did ECE! :))